Thursday, May 8, 2008

Updates

Dear friends,

Less than a month until we meet in Casablanca!

I'm sharing this detailed itinerary to give you a better sense of our daily schedule, with the usual disclaimer that plans sometimes change and flexibility is key. Several of you have asked me about packing suggestions and I promise to post that information on the blog by this weekend.

I've also had a few questions about vaccines. None are required for Morocco, and most foreign travelers to Morocco don't get vaccinated, but the Centers for Disease Control does offer some recommendations for those who prefer to err on the side of caution. There are links on the left sidebar with health information for travelers and the details of the travel insurance coverage for those of you on the group flight.

I'm also happy to report that most parts of the Festival website are finally available in English, though the English version seems to be a work in progress -- some of the translations are a bit puzzling and don't quite do justice to the French. Note in particular the new information available for the Fes Encounters colloquium. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is the only part of the Festival not included in the trip cost. If you think you may want to attend one or more of the discussions (in lieu of sightseeing in the medina) please let me know so that I can get a headcount and reserve a seat for you if necessary.

That's all for now. More to come this weekend.

Sara Jane

No comments: