Hi, I'm Lorrie, and am so excited about this trip and meeting and travelling with those of you I know and those I will be knowing. When I first got the email about the trip, my thought was yes to this.I have been involved with Interplay for 8 or 9 years now, and have known Diane for much of that time; so am excited about being with her and her family, and with Masanko, and Anna other longtime IP friends. Interplay is becoming more and more a way for people to connect around the world, and that's something that I want to have more of, in my life, connections cross culturally. As an interplay leader, another longing is to play with spontaneous interplay in the streets or towns anywhere; Diane and Masanko know about this more directly than I do, so i'll learn from them.
Something about being in Morocco, and sacred world music stirs my heart. Music because of my love of singing and creating improvised music, Morocco because it's so unfamiliar, and intriguing.
My work life is community mental health, a therapist with adults. Here in N.C. mental health has been "reforming" for several years, with present form as a capitalistic venture, with management from government bureacracy (a friend recently remarked that it's now the worst of two worlds). nevertheless, i love the work, and my clients, so am staying on, and considering this my extreme spiritual practice, showing me daily how my thoughts about this, or anything, can take me to heaven, or to hell. i prefer heaven, so practice getting back on the road there, time after time. and having lovely experiences to show me the way, to fill my heart with joy. look forward to being with you all very soon. peace and love, Lorrie
No comments:
Post a Comment